- Review Bids- Develop questions to help client understand what they are getting, and make sure bids accurately represent the conception customer have for the job.
- Review contract details and make sure contracts are in compliance with local ordinances. Review payment schedule; discern for equity, determine benchmark for payments.
- Review warantees from prime contractor and sub-contractors.
- Verify sub-contractor insurances(Liability,and Workers Comp.).
- Review specifications and approach; helping to synchronize product compatibility.
- Review design recommendations, considering ergonomics, functionality, cost, and resale potential.
- Review change-order validity, value,and procedure.
- Uncover gaps in communication, scheduling, ordering, and production.
- Assist with quality control;impart recommendations,and suggestions.
- Schedule progress meetings with all pertinent stakeholders- ie. ( architect, owner,engineer, subcontractors, product reps.).
- Ensure proper inspections take place.
- Ensure renovations are adaptable for future add-on and upgrades.
- Develop accurate and reasonable punch-list.
- Create owners manual, representing operations,nuances and idiosyncrasies of recent renovation.
15. Construction consultant can be accessed for resources in the industry. ie agencies, reference to tradesmen , subcontractors,suppliers etc.